Are you looking to join a fast paced, dynamic and innovation – driven company that operates on an international level with a hands-on attitude and entrepreneurial spirit?
Do you describe yourself as a self-motivated person who wants to take on an active role in a small team and enjoys both, working independently and with internal and external customers?
UMS SKELDAR, a joint venture between Saab and UMS AERO Group, is headquartered in Möhlin near Basel in Switzerland, with twin manufacturing facilities in Switzerland (Möhlin) and Sweden (Linköping). With 140 employees and two major products in our current portfolio we aim to be the number one in our chosen market areas as well as a provider of choice across civilian and military markets requiring dependable and affordable systems.
We are growing fast and to strengthen our team we are looking for a new Flight Test Engineer whose role it is to ensure that the operating crew are made aware of any specific flight profiles that are to be flown, on ground and in air testing required outside of Standard Operating Procedures and to gather test performance information during and post flight.
- A workplace with open-minded, ambitious and enthusiastic coworkers
- High tech and market leading products in the unmanned industry
- A dynamic workplace where you are a key player in our success
- An international environment with two sites, one in Switzerland and one in Sweden) and customers from all over the world
- An international environment with many different cultures
- Prepare, coordinate and conduct all development flight testing requirements, with regards to specific flight profiles
- Record ground test and flight test performance data and display information in clear and concise reports
- Be fully conversant and knowledgeable with all Rotorcraft systems, limitations and safety procedures outlined in Rotorcraft Flight Manual
- Be responsible and accountable for the safe and correct conduct of all Ground and Air related rotorcraft testing within the responsibility of the Flight Test Engineer position
- Provide assistance to the Remote Pilot during pre-flight, in-flight, handover and pre-landing checklist activities
- Monitoring of critical rotorcraft systems
- Support the development team in defining test scenarios for the verification and validation flight test phase for products and prototypes
- Daily tasks include test plan and test card generation, real-time data monitoring during ground and flight tests, directing tests, data analysis and documentation, test readiness review preparation and on-aircraft troubleshooting
- Work closely with avionics, propulsion, structural, software, and flight controls engineers to develop and support flight testing for VTOL platform
- Work as a team member to assemble and set up equipment for Flight Operations and customer demonstrations
- University degree in Aerospace Engineering or in a relevant Engineering discipline
- Knowledge of flight test techniques and methods
- Experience with RPAS flight testing desirable
- Very good knowledge of MS Office
- Basic knowledge of Matlab/Simulink
- Good communicator and team player with hand-on attitude
Location / General:
- You will be located in Möhlin
- Start immediately, considering possible notice.