Are you looking to join a fast paced, dynamic and innovation – driven company that operates on an international level with a hands-on attitude and entrepreneurial spirit?
Do you describe yourself as a self-motivated person who wants to take on an active role in a small team and enjoys both, working independently and with internal and external customers?
UMS SKELDAR, a joint venture between Saab and UMS AERO Group, is headquartered in Möhlin near Basel in Switzerland, with twin manufacturing facilities in Switzerland (Möhlin) and Sweden (Linköping). With 140 employees and two major products in our current portfolio we aim to be the number one in our chosen market areas as well as a provider of choice across civilian and military markets requiring dependable and affordable systems.
We are growing fast and to strengthen our team we are looking for a Training Manager who is responsible for the design, provision, and maintenance of UMS Skeldar internal and external training. Whose role it is to ensure that the training program for all members of the flight crew meets the need for operating applicable UAS and fulfils requirements from external authorities.
Role and Responsibilities
- Providing support during the development of projects and the contract stage
- Maintaining delivery budgets and contractual agreements pertaining to training. This includes performing periodic updates and processing feedback from stakeholders on the delivery of training as well as identifying any resource issues that will impact on the delivery of training.
- Identifying training risks and provide appropriate mitigation
- Design and drafting of internal and external training material, including:
- High Level Training Objectives
- Training Assessments
- Training Documentation and Syllabus
- Maintaining the training documentation in accordance with UMS Skeldar Quality procedures both for internal and customer crews, including:
- A critique process for each UMS Skeldar course
- A Training Manual
- A Course review schedule and process
- A record of each student graduated from courses within the UMS Skeldar Training Program
- Developing and maintaining the training manuals i.a.w. regulations and company handbook
- Keeping internal training record of flight operation personnel such as currency and any other training requirements required to keep the crew current and up to date.
- Identify tools, process and procedures required for the training organization
- Support Head of Flight Operation in optimizing the flight operation processes, tools and forms following the applicable regulations and identify the necessary yearly training budget.
The Training Manager has the following authority:
- Making decisions regarding training restrictions
- Making decisions regarding training safety
- A minimum of 5 years experience in training and development management (essential).
- Adequate aviation experience
- Adequate UAS experience
- Good and proven leadership experience
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of human factors and crew resource management
- Familiar with traditional and modern training processes.
- Fantastic organizational and time management skills.
- Strategic and creative mindset.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- The opportunity of being a part of a fast-growing company, operating in a global market
- An innovative high tech product in the fast emerging industry of unmanned technologies
- Close working relationships with other departments from a variety of disciplines
- A workplace with an open-minded atmosphere, where enthusiastic, hands-on experts tackle challenges in a positive spirit
- A flexible working day with opportunities to influence
- An international environment with many different cultures