Are you looking to join a fast paced, dynamic and innovation – driven company that operates on an international level with a hands-on attitude and entrepreneurial spirit?
Do you describe yourself as a self-motivated person who wants to take on an active role in a small team and enjoys both, working independently and with internal and external customers?
UMS SKELDAR, a joint venture between Saab and UMS AERO Group, is headquartered in Möhlin near Basel in Switzerland, with twin manufacturing facilities in Switzerland (Möhlin) and Sweden (Linköping). With 140 employees and two major products in our current portfolio we aim to be the number one in our chosen market areas as well as a provider of choice across civilian and military markets requiring dependable and affordable systems.
We are growing fast and to strengthen our team we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team.
Role and Responsibilities
- Design software components
- Breakdown requirements
- Identify potential applications of sensor data in innovative software features
- Review and evaluate software design
- Define and evaluate test requirements and results
- Ensure traceability from requirements to architectural and software design
- University degree in software development or computer science
- At least five years’ experience within software development
- Experience developing critical software in real-time embedded environments. Familiarity with C or ADA languages and with GIS are an asset.
- Familiarity with requirements-based software design
- Important personal characteristics: Ability to work together to solve problems and a self-driven attitude
- Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing. German is an asset
- The opportunity of being a part of a fast-growing company, operating in a global market
- An innovative high-tech product in the fast emerging industry of unmanned technologies
- Close working relationships with other departments from a variety of disciplines
- A workplace with an open-minded atmosphere, where enthusiastic, hands-on experts tackle challenges in a positive spirit
- A flexible working day with opportunities to influence
- An international environment with many different cultures