Are you looking to join a fast paced, dynamic and innovation – driven company that operates on an international level with a hands-on attitude and entrepreneurial spirit?
Do you describe yourself as a self-motivated person who wants to take on an active role in a small team and enjoys both, working independently and with internal and external customers?
UMS SKELDAR, a joint venture between Saab and UMS AERO Group, is headquartered in Möhlin near Basel in Switzerland, with twin manufacturing facilities in Switzerland (Möhlin) and Sweden (Linköping). With 140 employees and two major products in our current portfolio we aim to be the number one in our chosen market areas as well as a provider of choice across civilian and military markets requiring dependable and affordable systems.
We are growing fast and to strengthen our team we are looking for a Software Test Engineer to join our team.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop UMS Skeldar’s test strategy
- Define test scope at all levels
- Create and maintain a software test framework
- Write and run software and system tests
- Plan test-related activities
- Write test reports and report bugs
- Review requirements from a test perspective
- Maintain traceability from requirements to testing
- Coordinate with the Flight organization during test periods
- University degree within a relevant engineering discipline
- At least five years’ experience of software testing, including Test Lead experience
- Experience testing critical software, from unit to system level.
- Experience developing test strategies
- Familiarity with automated software testing tools. Testing experience in real time environments and in the aviation, industry is an asset.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux
- Important personal characteristics: Ability to work together to solve problems and a self-driven attitude
- Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing. German is an asset.
- The opportunity of being a part of a fast-growing company, operating in a global market
- An innovative high-tech product in the fast-emerging industry of unmanned technologies
- Close working relationships with other departments from a variety of disciplines
- A workplace with an open-minded atmosphere, where enthusiastic, hands-on experts tackle challenges in a positive spirit
- A flexible working day with opportunities to influence
- An international environment with many different cultures